SmartComGPS is a navigation cartographic application for Smartphones based on Symbian.
The application allows you with Smartphone to look through and scale a map, find streets and objects on maps
and view framed routes or create new ones.
*) the application doesn't support "point to point" autorouting.
SmartComGPS with GPS-receiver (internal or external) lets fix a location and display it on the map.
Additionally, you can record routes traveled and work with other navigational elements.
1. About the program
1.1. Main capabilities
- Displaying a map on the screen and enables to search for objects
- Finding and displaying user’s location on the screen
- Recording and saving tracks
- Navigation on saved and created tracks and routes
- Playing of saved track
- Route editor
- Track editor
- Full compatible with OziExplorer data with supporting its maps and files.
(The application can recognize and save files in .plt, .wpt, .map, .names file extension)
- Create and calibrate maps with OziExplorer PC version
- Supporting OziExplorer routes (.rte)
- Comfortable review of raster image maps
- Unlimited size of maps and there is unlimited free memory
- Smooth map zooming
- Fast zooming from 20% to 100%
- Auto rotate map (always heading northward)
- Index map mode
- Map border editor
- Text layers
- Searching for objects in database
- Calculates distance traveled
- Full screen mode
- Sound and visual tips in follow mode
- Sending location information to others via SMS (once or periodically)
- Receiving location information via SMS and showing this place on the map
- Satellite map view
- Quick select window in the follow mode
2.1. Trial version of SmartComGPS is distributed as Shareware.
You have an opportunity to use a trial version of the software during the trial period.
After that you must either buy a licensed version or remove the application from your phone.
To activate a trial version you should get a license key here
At present you can purchase SmartComGPS online by a credit card or a bank wire.
Additional information is located at http://www.wild-mobile.com
====================== Audio – in this folder you can put sound files which will play during navigation.
Maps – you can put the files with maps. We recommend storing files with maps on your memory card,
because the sizes of these files are rather large.
Names – the folder contains base of names for searching of objects on the map.
Routes – the folder contains files of routes. You can create routes on either your computer or smartphone.
Tracks – the folder contains files of tracks. Generally SmartComGPS records tracks on its own and saves them in this folder
Waypoints – the folder contains files of the route waypoints.
You can install the application on either your computer or Smartphone.
We recommend taking the Smartphone user guide if you need the complete information about installation of applications
*) Certificate error note:
On some phones with a default setting which allows to install signed
applications only. It could be disabled in
[Menu] -> [Tools] -> [Application Manager] -> [Setting] -> [Software installation] -> [All] (Default is "Signed only")
We recommend installing SmartComGPS on disk "C".
After the initial setup, the application creates essential folders for its work:
Drive name:\System\apps\SmartcomGPS - this folder contains program modules required for the application to work properly.
Don’t delete this folder and files located in it. Otherwise the application will not work correctly.
Also, during installation of SmartComGPS, set two directories - one in a mobile phone’s memory and another on a flash-card
for 3d-edition Symbian phones folders are
those two directories have same structure.
The subfolders are used for the following purposes: